Your evening of live improvised comedy carnage returns! It’s theatre karaoke where you can be the star, this time with added MissImp Awards!
At Gorilla Burger you can get up on stage whether you’ve played before or not. Hugely supportive and tons of fun, this is a delightful way for you to experience improvised comedy.
Let us know at the start if you want to join in the fun or you can just sit back, enjoy an evening of unplanned, uncensored improv comedy theatre with a pint from the bar.
It’s the glitziest night of the year, where we celebrate everyone in our community! Everyone who attends gets an award, BUT to get a fancy personalised award you HAVE to confirm your attendance by reserving a place through TicketSource by 17:00 on Saturday 2nd December!
You pay at Gorilla Burger as normal, this just confirms who is coming in advance!
The fun part is, the awards come from YOU GUYS! A Google Form with the confirmed attendees will be shared on 29th November, for you to submit your suggestions of nominations to suit each person. The best ones get picked! Previous examples include “Most delightful Jane Austen heroine”, “Best on stage hmmmm“, and “Highest impact:words ratio”. We will need all nominations in by 13:00 on Sunday 4th December.
The same Google Form will also be used for nominations for the very special MissImp Outstanding Achievement Award! These are two awards for two people who you feel have really gone above and beyond for the MissImp community this year, in whatever capacity. Last year’s winners were Eddie Owens and Orla Ratcliffe, so they can’t be nominated again this year. However, you can nominate anyone else you feel deserving of it!
So to recap:
- Book by 17:00 on Sat 2nd Dec
- Nominations by 17:00 on Sun 10th Dec
- Party on Thu 14th Dec
- When you get called up to do a scene at Gorilla Burger, you’ll also be given your award!
- Dress Code: We would love to see you in your gladrags, a fancy hat or floor length ball gown that breaks the hearts of your gender or genders of choice. Or if not, no worries!
- Food: Bring something to share, a few cakes, a bag of crisps, a plate of crudités if you feel like it!
- 18+, and suitable for all levels of experience, with an emphasis on having a good time and improving everyone’s improvising experience.
- Health & Safety: Please do not attend if you are feeling physically unwell – let’s keep ourselves safe and healthy, and keep an eye out for each other’s well-being. We have hand sanitizer available, as well as disposable masks if you would feel more comfortable wearing one.
- MissImp’s code of conduct for participants applies to this event.
We play a lot of different games, some that might be new to you or have a different name. Check out our hat games list for the games we’re likely to play, and find even more games you might like to introduce from the links below.