There are a few tools we often see in longform improvisation which allow us to edit and move a show forward. This is sometimes easier when we have a bunch of other folks looking for opportunities to advance our story, and it can be challenging to spot those opportunities ourselves. We cut to… this week’s drop-in, in which we’ll be trying out some of these tools, such as “we cut to”, “flashback” and a few other bits and bobs, so we can use them in longform, and more importantly – literally any scene we’re in, whenever we feel like it.
This week’s drop-in is preceded at 6.30pm by the latest rehearsal for Unspeakable Acts
- ACT IV – It’ll Be Alright On The Night – maybe
Next rehearsal date for Unspeakable Acts is 07/07/22 at 6.30pm
- It doesn’t matter if you didn’t attend any previous rehearsals, you are still welcome.
- This week we will be doing a full 25-minute dress rehearsal.
- NB: We are booked for live shows on Wed 17/08/22 at Smash Nights and Sat 12/11/22 at 6pm at The Malt Cross as part of the Nottingham Comedy Festival.
- Please put the dates in your electronic diaries and let Eddie know if you will be available on those dates.
We’ve run a weekly drop-in workshop for improvised comedy in Nottingham since 2005! Come and check it out – everyone’s welcome to join the fun.
The perfect intimate opportunity to practice some of our favourite improv games, and stretch out those improvising muscles. Each week features training in a different set of skills, exercises, scenes, or games, facilitated by various members of the Nottingham improv community.
- 18+, and suitable for all levels of experience, with an emphasis on having a good time and improving everyone’s improvising experience.
- Please note that Malt Cross’ elevator is BACK!, so we have wheelchair access to the lower floor where our workshop space is once more.
- Safety: Please do not attend if you are feeling unwell or cannot meet our safety requirements, especially if you’re experiencing any coronavirus symptoms.
- MissImp’s code of conduct for participants applies to this event.