The perfect intimate opportunity to practice some of our favourite improv games and stretch out those improvising muscles. We’ll be playing lots of fun warm-up games and exercises, followed by theatre games and scenes, and whatever else the participants want to do.
This event takes place in person. We’ll meet in front of Lakeside Arts Theatre (by the Highfields Park boating lake), and likely play about under a tree on the other side of the building.
- Suitable for any degree of improv experience, 18+ only.
- Limited to 30 participants, please book in advance (for free) to avoid disappointment.
- Safety: we’re playing outside in the open air with less than 30 people, without masks (unless you wish to wear one) and keeping reasonable distance from each other. Please do not attend if you are feeling unwell, especially if you’re experiencing any coronavirus symptoms.
- Booking onto this session is free, if you’d like to contribute to our costs, please pay what you feel.
- Please only book onto the session if you plan to attend.
- Please note this is an event in the UK, so our timezone is BST, or UTC+1
- In the event of very bad weather, we’ll switch to an online event through Zoom and we’ll email you about it at least two hours before the session to send you the Zoom link.
- MissImp’s code of conduct for participants applies to this event.
Usually followed by MissImp’s Virtual Pub – 9.30-11.00ish – if you’d like a casual chat with mates which is as close to being in the pub as Zoom can manage, drop us a line to get the Zoom invitation.
We play a lot of different games, some that might be new to you or have a different name. Check out our hat games list for the games we’re likely to play, and find even more games you might like to introduce from the links here: MissImp Hat Games, our regular Gorilla Burger games list which is continuously updated. Also check out the extraordinary Improv Encyclopedia, ImproWiki and the mighty Hoopla. Find a new game and bring it along!